Website The Emirates Group
Provide operational support to the Emirates Group Medical Services Laboratory by collecting and / or accessioning patient samples. This includes performing routine phlebotomy across all ages groups. Part of the role includes ensuring samples are processed in a timely manner and all departmental policies are followed.
- E nsure appropriate logs are maintained in a timely manner for traceability of all samples.
- Liaise with clinicians and patients to ensure the appropriate pre-analytical testing requirements are met.
- Process any add-on / cancelled tests, ensuring this is clearly communicated to the main laboratory.
- Ensure all equipment is used appropriately and escalate to Clinical Operations Management any faults immediately.
- Ensure adequate stock levels are maintained of all phlebotomy stocks to ensure service continuity. Provide guidance to clinicians on the appropriate swabs / collection containers are used.
- Monitor expiry dates to ensure appropriate stock turnover, by following inventory management protocols using the shortest expiry items first, thereby reducing / eliminating waste.
- Accuracy of sample stability, storage and quality assurance is paramount to this role.
- Demonstrate competence in phlebotomy for patients of all age groups including an understanding of the importance of collecting the appropriate tube for the requested laboratory tests, sample stability timelines, and storage requirements. Other Languages besides English: N/A
- Licensed to practice as a Phlebotomist by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA).
- As laboratory medicine is constantly evolving, the Phlebotomist is expected to use a range of
- professional skills in pre-analytical processing, escalating issues that may arise as appropriate
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ yrs in a Medical Laboratory. Preference for individuals with experience in a multi-disciplinary environment. Minimum 1 year experience post qualification as a phlebotomist experience in the UAE is desirable.
Company: The Emirates Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A