Website Boroondara Council
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with a strong customer focus, to join our team committed to providing high quality library experiences to the Boroondara community.
- well-developed and positive interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with both staff and public, including the capacity to deal with conflict
- strong professional knowledge of collections management, and awareness of trends in literature and recreational reading, and
- the ability to enthuse audiences in their love of reading and encourage engagement with others though reading and literature-based programmes and workshops
- Tertiary qualification which confers eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association.
- Experience in collections management, and awareness of trends in literature and recreational reading.
- Familiarity with and/or knowledge of relevant other language(s) and culture(s) and an awareness of the diversity of the community.
- Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- Preferred applicants will be required to undergo a National Police Record Check and hold a valid Working with Children Clearance.
- All local government employees must be fully vaccinated to perform work outside of their place of residence. Appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to provision of evidence of vaccination status or medical exemption prior to commencemen
Company: Boroondara Council
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Camberwell, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A