The Rural City of Wangaratta prides itself on being a community that is connected, sustainable and contemporary. We provide our community with diverse opportunities to participate in the arts, sport and recreation, and in cultural events and programs to bring them together to connect and celebrate the great place in which we live. In this context we have a vision to build the best sports, aquatics and events precinct in regional Victoria – bringing significant social, recreational, health and economic benefits to our community. Our staff enjoy the regional lifestyle and the benefits of a community situated within a gourmet food and wine region, with a wide range of outdoor adventure activities, and serviced by excellent education and health facilities. We live in a place where good things grow
- Represent WSAC in an open, friendly & professional manner.
- Provide supervision to water spaces, ensuring the highest quality.
- Report all incidents, accidents and any other matters relating to the efficient operation of the Centres.
- Maintain a safe and pleasant environment for members and guests and other staff.
- Administer first aid and complete all necessary documentation when required.
- Understand pool treatment regulations and Health and Safety standards; complete pool tests as required.
- Carry out general duties as directed, including set up and pack up checklists for pool deck.
- Ensure any issues or problems that arise are dealt with in accordance with WSACs policies and procedures and guidelines for safe pool operations.
- Operate water play equipment, inflatable and other activities in accordance with RCOW policies and procedures.
- Attending all in house lifeguard training (4 sessions per year) and emergency evacuation (2 per year) to keep skills current.
- Capacity to lift items unspecified in weight within individual limits.
- Capacity to undertake lifeguarding duties, standing for periods of between 3-5 hours with frequent walking.
- Capacity to walk up and down stairs frequently.
- Capacity to meet the physical requirements of the Pool Lifeguarding certification.
- Demonstrated commitment and capacity to work flexible hours to reflect the operational requirements of the service
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong swimming and rescue skills including knowledge of water safety, first aid, resuscitation, rescue techniques and public safety requirements.
- Ability to solve minor customer problems and complaints in a fair and equitable manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of swimming pool chemicals and maintenance equipment.
- General knowledge of OH&S, manual handling, hazardous substances and dangerous goods.
- Physical fitness and manual handling skills for the purpose of carrying out the duties of the role.
- Knowledge of WSAC emergency procedures
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia,
Application Deadline: N/A