Website City of Cockburn
The City of Cockburn is seeking Level 3 (Qualified) Support Workers to assist and encourage our clients to remain independent within their community and make a difference to their lives for its residents.
For qualified applicants these duties may include; providing personal care, medication support, meal preparations, domestic assistance, social support and respite.
All applicants will be required to assist and implement person centred plans that identify client’s life goals and support clients to engage in community based activities. For the right candidate, these positions offer excellent job satisfaction
- Liaise with Coordinator, ensure that actions within the client individual care plan are being carried out and do exceptional reporting in relations to the progress of clients and their health status.
- Support the client in accordance with support plans and the principles of Wellness, Enablement and Person-Centred Support.
- Report to Coordinator’s and record any changes observed in the client, their carer, their care needs, their home or other relevant aspects of their lives.
- Familiarising and maintaining a good knowledge and understanding of clients’ needs and disabilities.
- Attending to the domestic, personal care and individual social needs of clients as per support plan.
- Provide a safe and pleasant environment for all clients and be responsible for the welfare, comfort and safety of the clients.
- Physical capability and willingness to carry out a range of domestic support duties i.e. cleaning
- Have a passion for enabling people
- A reliable, licensed and insured (comprehensive) vehicle, current drivers licence.
- Basic Workplace First Aid Certificate (essential – to be obtained within the first three months)
- Applicants for qualified positions will also possess a Certificate III or IV in Individual Support – Ageing, Disability, Home and Community Care.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in implementing Person Centered Support Plans.
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Standards.
- Experience working with people who live with Dementia and/or mental health issues.
Company: City of Cockburn
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cockburn, Western Australian, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A