Website Jumeirah Group
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East. We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’. Jumeirah Creekside Hotel is a contemporary lifestyle hotel located 2km from Dubai International Airport in the heart of old Dubai. Set in landscaped grounds overlooking Dubai Creek, the hotel offers 292 rooms and suites, 21 meeting rooms, four restaurants, an award-winning spa and access to sports and leisure complex, The Aviation Club. Designed from the outset to connect the hotel to the region’s vibrant arts and cultural heritage. Jumeirah Creekside Hotel houses one of Dubai’s largest art collections – a specially commissioned collection of 482 pieces by 52 artists with roots from the Middle East. Rooted in the cultural and cosmopolitan essence of Dubai, the property combines comfort and unrivalled connectivity with true Arabian hospitality for the ultimate business and leisure experience.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of all areas in the gym and its equipment, including cardio vascular area, resistance and free weights area and the gym office/assessment room.
- Ensure that weights (dumbbells, plates etc.) are replaced on the weight racks in order and on a regular basis
- Check all audio equipment in aerobics studio and in gym (headphones, transmitters, TV) during opening and closing shift and make sure they are in working order and report any malfunctions immediately
- Ensure there is a Fitness Instructor on the gym floor at all times
- Perform related tasks and duties as assigned and deemed responsible by management.
- Maintain individual files for clients and record and update revenues generated on the Daily Revenue Summary sheet on daily basis.
- Maintain daily records for each Personal Training session and ensure payments are made in advance. No sessions to be conducted in advance before payment in line with Jumeirah financial objectives.
- Document all personal training sessions on the schedule (ROTA) provided as well as Personal Training contracts to clarify to audit that no cash in hand sessions are being conducted. To be updated on a daily basis for the next 7 days.
- Submit monthly business plan to your line manager.
- Ensure the general cleanliness and maintenance of the gymnasium equipment and surrounding areas on a daily basis.
- Complete day-to-day activities by following all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a quality service to guests and maintaining standards of excellence.
- Adhere to and prioritize all relevant Health, Safety and Environment management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity .
- Excellent knowledge of the Fitness Industry.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of nutrition and healthy diet.
- Good motivational and communication skills.
- Good judgment skills to balance fitness requirements and abilities
- Very good command of the English language.
- Effective inter-personal skills.
- Internationally recognized Personal Training Certification equivalent to REPS level 3.
- Two to four years of fitness training experience; preferably with an international hospitality company.
- High school diploma or higher education.
- Ability to act as a role model to clients through own athletic body shape / aspirational.
- Excellent instruction and training skills.
Company: Jumeirah Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A