Website Jumeirah Group
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East. We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’. Our Group & Corporate, Group Services, and Dubai Shared Services teams are an integral part in delivering the Jumeirah Brand promise. Based in our modern headquarters in Dubai Design District or in one of our other key locations, we guarantee you will be part of a dynamic, committed team of industry professionals with a passion for delivering the Company strategy and efficiencies essential for our world class operation.
- Provide requisite training and development, contributing to the development of a Revenue Management culture within the Jumeirah Group.
- Conduct price resistance analysis in order to gauge price elasticity of retail demand.
- Maintain awareness of competitors’ retail prices and observe their pricing strategies.
- Utilize gained knowledge from above to determine appropriate retail prices on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that pricing within all non-retail market segments is correspondingly rationalized against retail rates.
- Utilize the Jumeirah Group’s proprietary Market Intelligence platform (JBI) to conduct critical analysis of hotel revenues and to monitor progress towards goals on key performance metrics. Ensure that key stakeholders in the SBU, including the General Manager, Market & Sales cluster are appropriately familiar with the capabilities of this platform.
- Proliferate use of the platform in order to maximize Jumeirah’s ROI and grow Hotel market share.
- Understand and utilize other Market Intelligence tools like STAR, Hotelligence and Demand 360 to formulate appropriate pricing and channel optimization strategies.
- Support the Analysis Team with the evaluation of key opportunities for contracted business (group, catering and contract) presented through the Sales department.
- Develop strong partnership with Director of Market Sales and Marketing to formulate and follow-up on the execution of long term and short term segmentation strategies and source market goals for the cluster.
- Active engagement with General Managers to ensure alignment of strategy between cluster and hotels.
- Maintain regular communication to effectively set, drive, implement and follow-up on agreed strategies.
- Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels and other stakeholders including owners.
- Perform unconstrained demand analysis and determine optimal business mix for SBU with as aim to maximise overall market performance
- Ensure that process enables high speed of response while maximizing hotel profits.
- Conduct profitability analysis on specific pieces of potential business as warranted.
- Lead the annual corporate RFP process and wholesale contract pricing together with the Director of Market Sales.
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with the market manager of Third-Party Intermediaries to maximize the opportunities with these channels.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of system functions (and corresponding interfaces) related to the generation of rooms and catering revenue for the hotel including PMS, CRS, RMS and Sales & Catering system and ensure that these systems are leveraged to their full capacity in order to enhance ROI for Jumeirah and maximize hotel revenue.
- Champion the Revenue Management discipline within the cluster, ensuring that all personnel directly involved in the generation of rooms revenue understand essential Revenue Management principles and concepts.
- Provides revenue management functional expertise and leadership to General Managers, hotel leadership teams and Market Sales Leaders.
- Monitor Market RevPAR performance provide critical analysis of hotel performance against market, submarket and competitor set.
- Lead the market revenue team in the development of long and short-term strategies to address any deficiencies and to contribute to the ongoing RGI growth.
- Oversee the assessment and evaluation of the hotels marketplace, competitive environment and guest preferences.
- Understand the macro and micro-economic variables affecting supply and demand in the local marketplace. Liaise with 3rd parties such as DTCM, STR and Travelclick and use this knowledge to support accurate forecasting.
- Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma in Hotel Administration or Business Administration
- At least 3-5 years in a position of direct responsibility for Revenue Management within a hotel/resort
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
- Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.) and specific to the job (e.g. SynXIS, IDeaS, Opera PMS, Delphi)
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Knowledge of total hotel revenue management concepts, processes and strategies (including sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing, and inventory management)
Company: Jumeirah Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A