Website Jumeirah Group
An opportunity has a risen for a colleague to join our Culinary team in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, as a Executive Sous Chef.
- Efficient and diplomatic in all situations involving any aspect of Food and Beverage where the reputation of the hotel is represented.
- To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company’s policy relating to “What we expect” policies in our Navigator Handbook.
- Formulate and continually upgrade a Departmental Operations manual, detailing standards of performance, policies and procedures and service standards pertinent to the efficient operation of the outlet in accordance with the hotel policy.
- Interact with management of other departments within areas of responsibility and to develop solid working relationships with them.
- Assist in planning of menus and designing standard recipes in order to ensure consistent quality in food production, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- Liaise with materials to ensure prompt and efficient purchasing, issuing of supplies, stock control and inventory control.
- Liaise with back of the house manager from stewarding department in order to ensure adequate supply of equipment and toe establish standards of hygiene and cleanliness for all kitchen areas.
- Identify market needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and local markets.
- Provide management with creative ideas to project and enhance the image of Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
- To assist the Executive Chef in all administrative tasks.
- Experience running large multi-outlet venue.
- IT skills in Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with large teams and disseminate relevant information to related parties.
- Ability to perform all tasks on MS Office applications.
- Ability to develop and create.
- Standardised recipes / menus
- Diploma or Equivalent in Catering / Hotel Management.
- Minimum 10 years of International experience in a five star hotel and restaurants.
Company: Jumeirah Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A