Website Jumeirah Group
An opportunity has a risen for a colleague to join our Culinary team in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, as a Sous Chef. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Holds meeting with the colleagues in each particular kitchen to discuss what has been carried out in the Chef’s meeting and some other issues.
- Establish Culinary Standards for the speciality of each kitchen which includes banqueting that caters to a number of guests.
- Plan menus and compile recipes for food tasting to be approved by Executive Chef and or Executive Sous Chef.
- Inspect twice daily all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health and Safety regulations as discussed further in this book.
- Check any spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items and inform the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
- Check on a daily basis food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control.
- During service periods, to personally run the hot plate and assist when needed and to ensure that the presentation as well as quality of the food is in accordance with the established standards.
- Coordinate and execute training of the kitchen colleague.
- Be able to motivate colleagues.
- Assume the role of Chef de Cuisine.
- Supervise all colleagues engaged in the kitchen together with the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- Good training skills
- Ability to create standard recipe
- Computer skills
- Ability to establish Culinary Standards
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year.
- Diploma in Hotel Management
Company: Jumeirah Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A