Website Kempsey Shire Council
We are a dynamic and progressive local government authority, with responsibility for $1.1 billion worth of assets and employing over 330 dedicated employees. Looking for your next exciting opportunity? Our Strategic and Asset Planning department are looking for a Strategic Planning Officer to join their team.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of Council’s suite of statutory planning documents and development policies, including the local environmental plan, development control plan, developer contributions plans and their associated supporting policies.
- Manage or assist in managing a range of strategic and statutory planning projects.
- Employ a range of techniques to engage and negotiate with relevant internal and external stakeholders for assigned projects.
- Research and investigate issues relating to strategic and statutory planning, including legislative interpretation, development trends, and case studies.
- Assist in the preparation of design briefs and specifications, tender and contract documentation and carry out tender assessment, for outsourced activities.
To be successful in this role, you will possess tertiary qualifications in Town Planning, Urban Design, Land Economics, Landscape Architecture or related disciplines or equivalent experience.
You will also possess the ability to think critically, consider evidence and analyse complex problems with a learning mindset; an understanding of urban development processes and ability to analyse complex planning issues, consider the broader context and identify options for decision-makers; knowledge of relevant legislation and statutory requirements; and ability to perform reporting and record keeping tasks in a way that maintains Council’s integrity.
Company: Kempsey Shire Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kempsey, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A