Website Knox Council
The Youth Development Worker – Groups will support and assist young people in the development of skills, knowledge and resources to address areas of vulnerability using a community development, strengths based youth participation approach. This role has a particular focus on supporting LGBTIQA+ young people and their families.
- Strong administrative, organizational and planning skills and the ability to apply them in program planning and development.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to develop workshop and program content within a youth and family context.
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team.
- This position includes pre-employment checks including police checks and Working with Children Checks.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience and relevant tertiary qualifications in Youth Work, Education, Community Work, Public Health, Social Sciences or related field.
- Skills and experience in working with young people who identify as LGBTIQA+, and their families. An excellent knowledge of LGBTIQA+ services and supports available to young people and their families. At present the position facilitates groups on Monday and Wednesday evenings during school term (to approximately till 7/7:30 pm) with a flexible work roster to accommodate.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in community development, group work and training with young people, families and service sector professionals.
Company: Knox Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wantirna, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A