Responsible and accountable for safe and efficient operation of forklift, transtacker and other powered material handling equipment (MHE) to move and stack merchandise, including gasoline and liquefied gas. Remove electric powered MHE equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch to push, pull, lift, stack, tier or move products, equipment, or materials. May be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties.
- Load, unload, move, stack and stage product and materials using a forklift, transtacker, clamp truck, or other powered equipment
- Report quality variances
- Safety, Housekeeping, Security
- Ensure proper stock rotation
- Will support and abide by the company’s safety program and all safety initiatives, policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Efficiently and safely move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars, trailers or containers
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety
- Value-Add Services
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse
- Perform special projects/tasks as assigned
- Receiving/ Putaway
- Comply with OHSA and other applicable standards. Report issues and problems to Management
- Maintain equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained
- Assist in physical inventories
- Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed
- Coordinate as necessary with all other departments/functions
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods and OHSA standards
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on assigned equipment
- Pick components and collateral materials for production, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is transferred to the Units of Production.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience: 1 year experience in warehouse environment
- Knowledge/Skills: Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math and write legibly. The ability to follow directions with emphasis on
- safety is extremely important. Familiarity with MHE is required. Must be able to shift priorities easily.
- Special Requirements: Must have responsible work habits. Must meet OSHA and company requirements for MHE training and certification.
- Overtime is required periodically. Perform special projects as assigned. Obtain L’Oreal forklift certification.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Little Rock, AR, US
Application Deadline: N/A