The Sales Floor Department Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading and enabling a team of associates to deliver the best possible customer experience in the store. This includes coaching and training associates, delegating, following-up on daily tasks, managing performance, and ensuring adequate department coverage. Sales Floor Department Supervisors are responsible for customer-facing activities (e.g., greeting customers, clarifying needs and identifying solutions, closing sales), non-customer-facing activities (e.g., down stocking, inventory management, area recovery) and store safety (e.g., conducting safety walks, reporting hazards, understanding safety and lifting directions).
- Providing resources and tools to support those directly helping customers provide the best service.
- Assisting with down stocking and area recovery as well as providing input into merchandising decisions.
- Monitoring use of store power equipment and coaching employees on safe behaviors and lifting techniques.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
- Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
- Experience Using Microsoft Office Suite.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience in a retail environment OR 5 years of experience in a retail environment.
- Experience supporting or participating in the process of training, mentoring and developing associates.
- 1 year of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro customers (for Pro Department Supervisor).
- Experience working cross-functionally.
- Experience providing direction or supervision to teams (with or without direct report responsibility).
- 1 year of experience in customer service.
- 3 years of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro customers (Pro Department Supervisor).
- Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic retail environment.
- Experience in a leadership role with direct report responsibility.
- Experience in key carrying role with manager-on-duty responsibilities.
- Experience using store computer systems (including but not limited to: Project Tool, Genesis, Sterling, M2O, Thin Client, etc.).
- 3 years of retail customer service experience.
- Experience working in the home improvement retail sector.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Beaumont, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A