The Sales Specialist Flooring serves as an expert, explaining the specifications and features of a product or service to existing or potential customers, with the goal of closing a sale. This associate provides exceptional consultative services to customers and confirms their needs are met before leaving the store. The Sales Specialist Flooring is also responsible for executing orders and projects in their area of focus.
- Ensuring displayed merchandise reflects our high standards of showroom readiness, operates as intended during demonstrations, and is up to date, accurately mirroring the manufacturers current product offering.
- Being friendly and professional, eager to understand the customer’s specific needs in order to pair the best products and service offerings in support of their project.
- Engaging in safe work practices including the proper operation of store equipment.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
- Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of external experience in customer facing sales OR 6 months Lowe’s retail experience.
- 1 year of experience entering and submitting customer sales orders, including Special Order Sales.
- 2 years of experience identifying and selling products based upon customer needs or plans.
- 1 year of experience promoting product related services and plans such as installation, delivery, credit financing, or extended protection plans.
- 1 year of employment with Lowe’s as a Sales Specialist.
- 2 years of experience in a sales environment with required sales goals or metrics.
- 2 years of experience following up on outstanding or incomplete customer orders, sales, or installs.
- 2 years of experience in providing customer service including identifying and resolving customer complaints, greeting customers, answering phones, building relationships with customers, and thanking customers for their business.
- 2 years of experience in a trade directly related to flooring OR 2 years experience selling flooring.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A