The Delivery Driver plays a critical role in ensuring on-time, accurate, and safe deliveries, while providing exceptional service to our customers in their homes. This associate has the opportunity many times each day to leave a final positive impression with our customers and the purchasing experience. This associate builds positive relationships with customers every day and ensures their needs are met. Most of this associate’s day is spent driving, inspecting, loading and unloading merchandise, and assisting with installation.
- Being friendly, professional, and responding quickly to customer and associate needs.
- Verifying that merchandise is in good condition, accurately accounted for, and delivered to customers on-time.
- Inspecting delivery vehicles and ensuring the safety and security of the loading and unloading process.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
- Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Requires travel between stores and customer sites within the district to deliver merchandise; at times may need to travel outside of district.
- Valid Class A or Class B license (with airbrake endorsement).
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Ability to comply with DOT and CDL regulations.
- Valid medical certificate or ability to obtain one upon employment.
- Ability to pass MVR screen in accordance with company requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 months of experience operating a forklift or Moffett onloading/offloading a vehicle.
- 1 year of experience driving a semi-truck/trailer OR certification from a driving school.
- 6 months of experience performing in-home delivery OR retail customer service.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A