Website Maribyrnong Council
The Revenue Services Team have an exciting permanent full time opportunity available for a suitably qualified and/or experienced person. This position provides support to ensure the effective & efficient running of the Revenue & Valuations Office and the Contract Valuers. The position also maintains accurate property, rates and valuation records on the Council’s corporate system providing administrative support to the Revenue services department.
- Perform duties to coordinate and process Supplementary Valuations.
- Assist with timely updating of data and processing of NAR, and revenue processes.
- Ensure timely creation of new assessments.
- Responsible for processing subdivision plans through SPEAR system and identifying properties requiring future valuations in accordance with legislated timelines.
- Responsible for creation of street numbers in accordance to the plans received.
- Assist in the provision of an efficient and effective property and rating service to the organisation and community.
- Timely action in response to rating enquiries whether at counter or telephone. Attend to varied inquiries from ratepayers and other departments.
- Assist when required in the preparation and/or checking of Land Information Certificates.
- Assist with the processing of ownership, name, and mailing address changes
- Perform duties if and as required in the VM Online 2020 valuation system
- Sound time management skills, with the ability to plan, prioritise and schedule work load in order to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- An understanding of accounting principles and bookkeeping.
- Knowledge of allocating street numbers and relevant legislation and basic understanding of submissions of M1’s & using Pozi Connect
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment.
- Well-developed customer service skills.
- No relevant criminal record found in a police check.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in processing subdivision plans through SPEAR system and identifying properties requiring future valuations in accordance with the legislated timelines.
- Experience in software for Rates and Valuations environment.
- Experience in revenue and property related services with an emphasis on valuation services and revenue management.
- Knowledge and experience in the processing of Council supplementary valuations
- Demonstrated experience in the creation of new parcels and/or new assessments.
Company: Maribyrnong Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maribyrnong, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A