Lead Dispatcher responsible for supervision of Dispatchers, drivers, planning, management of work flow and assets. Responsible for hiring, counseling, training, and proper interpretation of collective bargaining agreement where applicable.
- Monitor reports and activity pay resolution.
- Oversee the dispatch of drivers within hours of service limitations and ensure on time performance.
- Execute driver/switcher discipline and grievance matters.
- Process driver payroll and verification.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Ensure compliance with all DOT regulations; including but not limited to hazardous materials, hours of service, drug and alcohol program, driver physical and license issues, vehicle maintenance and driver vehicle inspection reports.
- Ensure asset utilization and reduction of empty miles.
- Interpret and follow union contract.
- Strong conflict resolution skills in an organized labor environment.
- Previous management experience.
- Strong knowledge and expertise of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations, HazMat regulations and individual state size and weight regulations.
- Proven analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Preferred Logistics Engineering experience.
- 4 years of experience in Logistics/Supply Chain.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Bachelors degree in Business Management or Supply Chain is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lansing, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A