The Store HR Representative partners closely with store leadership and the regional HR team to champion the HR goals and strategies
- Provides business partner support regarding company policies and procedures covering the areas of employee relations, compensation and payroll, benefits administration, talent development, talent management, and disability management services.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other administrative duties as assigned or required.
Through the guidance of the HR Market Manager, provides consultation, direction, and recommendations to leadership regarding employee relations activities, dispute resolution procedures, corrective and disciplinary actions, terminations and EEO matters affecting employment.
Champions engagement through mTeam, mCulture, mPerformance & other HR key initiatives.
Support HR Market Managers with projects as needed.
Provides guidance to store leadership on career development resources for their team members, run reports and track progress of Individual development plans, talent profiles, development goals, training completion, and overall development efforts.
Oversee effective orientation, onboarding & training to drive engagement and retention.
Assist with the staffing, interview and selection process of leadership and non-leadership roles within the store and manage the applicant tracking system and applications for positions within the store.
Assist in the reporting, analysis, execution and follow up pertaining to talent management, talent development, talent acquisition, and total rewards processes and programs.
Ensures and facilitates effective communication to all team members in the store. Engages leadership to communicate and follow up with team members.
Assists with the investigation and resolution of employee complaints or policy violations.
- Strong planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and to build a positive rapport with all levels of the organization (up, down and sideways)
- Tenacity, emotional consistency, and courage to manage/address difficult situations
- Demonstrate confidentiality and ability to instill trust
- High Energy and adaptable
- 2 years experience in Employee Relations and Investigations
- Demonstrated ability to listen attentively and actively
- Schedule flexibility when business needs exist
- 2 years experience working as an HR Generalist, Sr. HR Generalist, HR Manager or Equivalent Experience
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written as well as the ability to facilitate both small and large groups in a variety of forums including formal presentations, working meetings, business reviews and informal discussions. Demonstrated ability to design effective meetings and small group interactions including one to one discussions and conflict mediations
- Ability to present thought leadership, demonstrate leadership presence, and be approachable
- High School or equivalency required. Associate Degree or above in Human Resources preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- 2 years experience with HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Time management and prioritization skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Flint, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A