Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It’s your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
- Learns SOP for all functions performed.
- Performs yard checks to verify trailer inventory.
- Fuels equipment per requirements.
- Performs routine safety checks to secure trailer and follows all related safety requirements.
- May assist workers in loading/unloading trailers as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Conducts temp checks on trailers containing product.
- Provides trailers as needed/requested for loading and unloading, ensuring inbound trailers are rotated first in/first out.
- Maintains a safe and clean yard for optimizing equipment utilization.
- Verifies that all equipment is functioning properly and completes DVIR for power units.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment at a high level.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within this field.
- Effective communication skills.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to pass Class A UST Operators Training.
- Familiarity with or experience working in a warehouse setting required.
- Knowledge, skills, and ability to read and operate computer programs required for assigned equipment.
- Ability to be licensed and operate a stand up Power Industrial Truck is mandatory.
- CDL and current DOT physical required.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in a transportation/warehouse setting is highly preferred.
- Reliable and consistent attendance required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Saginaw, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A