Meijer is seeking a Senior Software Engineer full-stack Microsoft developer with Azure Cloud environment experience. The Senior Software Engineer will provide technical leadership for one of our Point of Sale (POS) development teams. This team is building a best in class, NextGen, POS solution using the latest technologies including Microsoft .NET, Azure, React, Docker, etc.
- Designs, codes, tests, and implements applications. (Specifically, .NET, C#, Azure, React, etc.)
- Interfaces with the Product Owner and IT partners to develop acceptance criteria for features and user stories and ensures acceptance criteria are met.
- Participates with other IT members, customers and other stakeholders in new product reviews, tests and pilots.
- Actively participates in all team Agile ceremonies.
- Performs feasibility studies/proofs of concept to evaluate solutions.
- Provides technical leadership in new systems development, new package system evaluations and enhancement of existing systems.
- Performs unit tests, monitors results, and takes required corrective actions as needed.
- Assists product owners in systems analysis and creation or updating of documentation for all business processes.
- Assists in the production support and maintenance of applications.
- Works within the SAFe Agile framework and utilizes CI/CD best practices.
- Participates in structured walk-throughs, secure coding, and technical reviews ensuring application coding and design follows secure coding and design principles.
- Optimizes and enhances applications and interfaces to meet SLA/functional requirements.
- Coaches and mentors other members of the agile team.
- Experience on Agile teams in Agile development environment. SAF certification or training is preferred.
- Knowledge of agile practices in a cross-functional environment preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in systems development and programming (.NET, C#, Azure, React, etc.)
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Ability to provide high level of quality and productivity.
- Proficient in multiple technologies or systems. Point of Sale and or Payment Systems preferred.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent AND 5 years post degree IT experience is required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bay City, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A