Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It’s your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
- General housekeeping such as dust/mop floors and run floor scrubber in production area.
- Processes orders for shipping; ensures the right tote is on the right hub and close out of the tote is accurate.
- Execute auto bagging.
- Unloads product from truck, receives and stores incoming supplies.
- Assist maintenance staff with duties such as cleaning photo eyes, conveyor belts, and machinery.
- Separates product by lot numbers and expiration dates.
- Verifies paperwork with received items from Distribution Center.
- Reads computer generated screens to find indicated merchandise on labeled shelves, verifies size and strength of the product before putting product away.
- Outdoor sanitation such as trash pick up (does not include snow removal or deicing walks).
- Assemble shelving or other building fixtures.
- Folds and packs paperwork with prescriptions to prepare for shipping (SOP for tote closeout).
- Cleaning up of spills in the production area as needed.
- Prepare ice packs for use.
- Sorts orders by store location and places in totes for shipping.
- Execute sorter activities.
- Load outbound pallets of freight.
- CRT/PC familiarity a plus.
- Retail or warehouse experience preferred.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to read computer generated screens.
- Powered cleaning equipment such as a floor scrubber or buffer preferred.
- General janitorial experience.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Wayne, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A