Website Melton Council
Melton City Council acknowledges the fundamental role that Young Communities play in the development and support of young people aged 12 to 25 in the municipality. Reporting to the Team Leader Development and Support, the role of Youth Outreach Development Officer is key to engaging with at risk young people that may require short-term assistance and support.
- Engage and work with young people that may require further short-term assistance and support. This includes delivering Council’s Outreach programs, in accordance with the agreed service model to young people (12-25 years of age) and the Community, including the provision of crisis support, making referrals and undertake assessments of young people and/or their families.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate a range of youth programs, services and events that address the needs of young people within the municipality.
- Undertake and be accountable for program administrative tasks; including the development of program proposals and evaluations, case notes, and case files of support work completed with young people and families, program budgets and maintaining accurate records and statistical information.
- Provide information, resources, and where appropriate referral, to young people and their families to enable them to make informed decisions and make full use of resources and services available within the community
- Proven ability to engage young people and motivate and encourage active youth participation.
- Demonstrated experience implementing projects and achieving outcomes within budget and timeframes.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Youth Work, Community Development and Welfare or a related discipline with relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, facilitation and evaluation of a wide range of programs and activities for young people.
Company: Melton Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melton, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A