Website Melton Council
Melton City Council acknowledges the fundamental role that Libraries and Arts play in the making of vibrant, culturally rich communities. Reporting to the Team Leader Library Hub and Customer Service in the Libraries and Arts service unit, the role of the Customer Service Librarian (casual) is key to delivering priority areas for Melton City Libraries as envisioned in Creative Melton 2030.
- Provide leadership to staff in the delivery of high quality customer service across the library service to ensure customers have a positive experience.
- Participate in rostered library customer service shifts at library facilities or outreach points and proactively engage with customers.
- Facilitate and oversee the delivery of literacy and learning program sessions.
- Oversee the maintenance and presentation of library collections and facilities.
- Be available to accept shifts on weekends, evenings and during the week on relatively short notice.
- A tertiary qualification acceptable for professional membership (librarian) of the Australian Library and Information Association, or demonstrated progress towards such a qualification, together with relevant public library experience.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to confidently and actively engage with customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to use a library management system, online resources, computer equipment, mobile devices, and emerging technologies, with the ability to problem solve information technology issues.
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff and work well as part of a team.
Company: Melton Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melton, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A