Website Melton Council
Melton City Council acknowledges the fundamental role that Libraries and Arts play in the making of vibrant, culturally rich communities. Reporting to the Team Leader Library Hub and Customer Service in the Libraries and Arts service unit, the role of the Library Customer Service Officer is key to delivering priority areas for Melton City Libraries as envisioned in Creative Melton 2030. These include ensuring customers have a positive experience in our Library and Learning Hubs by delivering high quality customer service. Supporting the learning outcomes of residents by assisting in the use of resources, technology and online platforms, and delivering literacy and learning programs.
- Deliver high quality customer service across the library service to ensure customers have a positive experience.
- Create a welcoming experience by engaging with customers throughout the library.
- Proactively assist customers to maximise the use of resources and technology.
- Undertake routine library tasks.
- Assist with the maintenance of the library collection.
- Deliver the day to day bookings, hire and operation of meeting rooms and tenant space.
- Deliver literacy and learning program sessions.
- Beyond secondary education or equivalent, with some experience in a customer service or community focused environment.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to relate to a diverse range of people.
- Well-developed information technology skills with the ability to provide assistance in the use of computers, photocopiers, wireless internet access and mobile devices.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Deliver literacy and learning programs for children and adults, and basic training in the use of library equipment and technology.
- Availability and flexibility to work rostered shifts as required across weekdays, weekends and evenings
Company: Melton Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melton, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A