Website Moonee Valley Council
We currently have an opportunity for a casual Maternal & Child Health (MCH) Nurse committed to working in partnership with families and children.
Reporting to the Team Leader MCH, the role of the (MCH) Nurse is to provide care and support for families from the perinatal period through to school age, promoting optimal health and wellbeing for the children. The universal primary care service consists of; home visits, centre consultations, assertive outreach and group consultancy (including the new Sleep and Settling Model of Care)
- Provision of a quality Maternal & Child Health service -including Health assessment for infants and children from 0-5 years.
- Promoting a family-centred approach and work in partnership with the families, carers, significant others and other professional partners involved with the child, respecting cultural, religious and family norms and values.
- supporting, guiding and informing families on child growth, development, health and hygiene, nutrition, parenting and safety.
- Connecting women/ families to other services according to their needs.
- Engaging mothers in parenting programs through a range of services and programs, including the New Parent Groups and the Sleep and Settling Model of Care.
- Referrals to other professionals such as Allied Health services as required.
- Identification of Emotional Wellbeing issues/ Postnatal Depression support.
- Act as an advocate for children & parents, within the capacity of MCH Nurse.
- Assist with identifying health needs & to implement actions that will enhance the health of the community.
- Other general clinic duties as directed by the Team Leader MCH
- Current Nurse and Midwife registration;
- Qualification in Family, Child and Community Health or equivalent (as defined by AHPRA);
- Strong communication and customer service skills with the ability engage with a range of individuals;
- Demonstrated understanding of Child and Family Violence Information Sharing Schemes and risk Assessment Frameworks, together with Child Safe Standards; and
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence, Working With Children Check and Level 2 First Aid.
Company: Moonee Valley Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australi
Application Deadline: N/A