Website Ontario Public Service
The Fiscal Oversight and Performance Branch is responsible for ensuring the completeness and integrity of financial reporting through the implementation and monitoring of financial accounting and central agency policies, procedures and controls across the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Long-Term Care (MLTC) and their reporting entities, including oversight of internal controls, and financial decision support on major initiatives.
- Implementing a modern controllership and financial management framework, as delegates of the Office of the Provincial Controller (OPC).
- Preparing all MOH and MLTC financial statements for inclusion in the Provincial Consolidated Public Accounts, ensuring their integrity and completeness.
- Provide strategic financial expertise to program and Ministry senior management on fiscal strategies and business solutions to improve service delivery.
- Build and grow effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Provide leadership to a team of managers, financial and administrative staff in the delivery of the ministry’s financial objectives.
- Oversee controllership and business planning functions for the accounting department including multi-year financial planning, in-year expenditure management, audit management and risk management.
- Assess and revise financial and administrative procedures to address changing business conditions and enhance financial control and accountability.
- Managing MOH’s and MLTC’s Delegation of Authority Framework and the ministry’s Certificate of Assurance.
- Providing corporate financial system control and support for the: Integrated Financial Information System (IFIS), Transfer Payment Allocation System (TPAS), Kingston Program Accounting System (KPAS).
- You are an excellent problem solver with experience developing innovative solutions to complex financial problems.
- You have leadership experience and the ability to inspire, engage, motivate, develop and mentor professional staff to deliver on results.
- You have experience managing large budgets and aligning resources with business needs.
- You are a collaborative leader and have incorporated the principles of inclusion and diversity across all elements of your management style.
- You have demonstrated success in strategic leadership to foster an environment of continuous improvement, creativity and excellence.
- You have experience implementing change and an understanding of government/ministry financial planning and allocation processes.
- You have expert knowledge of accounting and modern controllership principles and practices to effectively assess the accounting of funds and complex financial processes.
- You have knowledge of accounting theory, policies and practices policies, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards usually acquired through the completion of the CPA program or equivalent.
Company: Ontario Public Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A