OTIP and its Group of Companies strive to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Upon individual request, OTIP and its Group of Companies will endeavour to remove any barrier to the recruitment and selection processes and provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
OTIP and its Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
OTIP (Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan) is a member-focused, service-driven organization that puts people, both our members and our employees, first. We are committed to providing a positive work environment and to developing careers. We’re looking for someone to join our team as a:
- Prepares and maintains reports and correspondence pertinent to ongoing operations.
- Communicates with members, boards, affiliates and other stakeholders using appropriate channels, ensuring information is accurate and acquired in a timely manner.
- Reviews and assesses new claims to determine coverage and takes appropriate action. Manages ongoing claims efficiently and effectively.
- Works in partnership with the Rehabilitation Consultants and Disability Benefits Coordinators to achieve volume and quality case load goals.
- Works with the Disability Benefit Coordinators to manage claims and obtain claim information. Also processes approvals and terminations in a timely manner.
- Assists teammates and provides backup coverage as required.
- Keeps claims information confidential to protect operations.
- Consults with lawyers, adjusters and technical experts as required.
- Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrated ability to deal effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Superior time and project management and organizational skills to manage competing priorities.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- A university degree in a related subject.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in insurance or long term disability claims adjudication.
- A strong understanding of insurance principles and practices, industry standards, legal and contractual obligations, and claims investigation and assessment procedures.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingston, CA
Application Deadline: N/A