To manage the day to day customs declaration process for a specific customs territory
- Run missing documents reports daily
- Run a preference eligibility report weekly to identify any declarations that should have claimed preference but had to pay full duty and pass to the Customs Compliance and Audit team to follow up
- If preference certificates are not available at the time of declaration liaise with the Customs Operations Team Leader to make a decision on whether to pay full duty
- As part of the ICT process, once documents have been prepared, create and submit Export declarations vis MIC NES system
- Liaise with B&M, Suppliers, Freight Managers etc to follow up on any missing data or documents to ensure they are obtained in a timely manner
- Run missing data reports daily
- Once the Export declaration has been accepted, forward a copy of the Export Accompanying Document to the relevant
- Deport despatch team to allow the goods to depart for the port.
- To ensure all import declarations are submitted by the government driven deadline in their particular country of responsibility
- To prepare and submit the declaration message using MIC Cust and manage any credibility or plausibility check errors that are returned from the government systems, investigate, correct and re-submit
- Working with the Customs Compliance and Audit team, ensure all regulatory certification requirements for that jurisdiction have been completed to allow the import declaration to be submitted in a timely manner e.g PDD, CITES, ADD etc
- Liaise with relevant Customs authority in the first instance and then with the inbound destination team to position containers in the depot where physical inspection has been requested by the Customs authorities
- Manage acceptance messages returning from the relevant Customs authority and liaise with them if missing messages are identified
- Ensure any preference certificates or statements of origin are present to enable Primark to take advantage of the lower rates of duty offered through one of the European Unions preference agreements
- Ensure all data is present to enable an import declaration to be submitted
- Ability to influence others
- Personal Attributes:
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable.
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Experience of SIV and TariffTel
- Open to change and new ideas.
- Ability to work under own initiative and make decisions.
- Good Excel skills and good experience of other Microsoft Office programmes, for example, PowerPoint, Access, Word, etc.
- Good attention to detail, articulate and analytical
- Be a good communicator
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good team player
- Some knowledge of customs operations is desirable but not essential
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ilford, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A