Website Publix Super Markets
Publix is able to offer virtual employment for this position in the following states: FL, GA, AL, TN, SC, NC, VA
- Provide feedback and guidance to the User Experience (UX) team to help create interface designs that are technically feasible and consistent with current app architecture and implementation.
- Ability to work and assist guiding other developers on the team while maintaining development commitments.
- Support ongoing Publix mobile app releases ensuring a fast-performing, first-class user experience, including WCAG 2.1 compliance for customers with disabilities.
- Strive for consistent bug fixes, performance enhancements, and crash mitigations.
- Design, develop, test and maintain features within our Publix mobile app, which empowers our customers to plan, shop, and save at home and in-store.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and reliability.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Provide feedback and guidance to the Product Analytics team to ensure the appropriate metrics can be captured and reported, then subsequently used to improve overall app UX and to achieve defined business objectives.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Participate in all Agile/Scrum Sprint ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, Sprint Refinement, Daily Scrum meetings, and Sprint Retros.
- Work closely with our technology partners and leads to deliver new and enhanced features in a timely, cost-effective manner through integration with various web services and SDKs, both in-house and third-party.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Familiarity with Jetpack APIs such as: Hilt, Compose, Navigation, Paging, and Camera X.
- Strong knowledge on various testing strategies and frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Familiarity with Native Development
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Strong knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience analyzing business problems and translating business requirements into mobile application solutions for system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and total cost of ownership.
- Familiarity with submitting mobile applications to Google Play for public release.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Familiarity with App bundle and associated delivery options.
- Familiarity with single sign on technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and Android Studio, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes and hardware configuration.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or other analytical disciplines or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience analyzing business problems and translating business requirements into mobile application solutions considering such factors as system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and total cost of ownership.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing Android apps in Java or Kotlin.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in architecting, designing, and developing highly scalable and available mobile applications for retail customers, including ecommerce transactions.
Company: Publix Super Markets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A