Website Publix Super Markets
You will be joining our exciting and highly visible Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) team. The CCOE team is the focal point of the transformation efforts for our IT Modernization project. You will enable the transformation of our cloud development and operations practices. The Cloud Specialist should have a solid understanding of cloud services and be able to collaborate with a cross-functional team of application developers, infrastructure engineers, and security specialists. You will implement enterprise-scale cloud applications and effectively address information governance and security challenges associated with running large workloads on public clouds.
- advise applications with azure resource configuration (especially from a security perspective).
- As an Azure SME, the individual should be able to –
- Implement security baselines and standards for Azure resources including Network access, restriction of internet-facing resource provision and configuration within the Azure environment.
- Develop, maintain, and drive a continuous improvement culture within Cloud Center of Excellence team and its partners.
- Optimizing solution architectures to manage costs and identify cost control mechanisms.
- Work with application teams with their digital transformation goals and provide Azure resource deployment orchestration, automation, security, and configuration expertise.
- Provide expertise and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for both infrastructure and applications in Microsoft Azure.
- Drive automation of Cloud infrastructure provisioning and configuration management, self-service, Infrastructure-as-Code services, Auto Scale initiatives, and DevOps deployment.
- Define and develop architectural standards that promote DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code and Continuous
- Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Lead and implement all aspects of a cloud migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure, networks, and security.
- Work with applications team to draft and institutionalize cloud security standards, reference architecture’s, patterns, and guidelines for both cloud-native development and migrations.
- define the operating procedure in a cloud environment
- Conceptualizing, presenting, and executing ideas within a tight schedule, with emphasis on serving as an Azure SME on development projects.
support with performance tuning and testing activity.
- Work with the IT Security Team, Solution Architects, and Cloud Operations Team with any security-related issues that arise.
advise application team with various azure services
- Provide expertise in Cloud services, DevOps/ DevSecOps toolsets and platforms including compute, storage, networking, Security, Kubernetes, service mesh, CI/CD as well as monitoring and logging technologies.
- 1 years of proven experience with public cloud database services such as Azure SQL, Azure COSMOS DB, Dynamo DB, Firestore etc.
- Hands-on experience writing Terraform.
- Hands-on experience deploying cloud resources from DevOps pipelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related analytical field, or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of proven experience in PaaS services such as Azure AppService, Azure Kubernetes services, AWS Bean Stalk, GCP App Engine etc.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Azure (corresponding GCP or AWS experience is also acceptable for required qualifications)
- 1 years of proven in public cloud monitoring tools such as Azure Monitoring, Log Analytics, Network watcher, Network Intelligence center, VPC Flow Logs etc.
- Hands-on experience migrating applications to the cloud
- 2 years of experience with public cloud network infrastructure such as VNETs, subnets, Network Security Groups, route tables, VPC, DNS etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing applications using PaaS Services in a hybrid cloud environment.
- 1 years of proven experience in public cloud security tools such as Azure AD, Azure Security Center, Azure Key Vault, Azure Policies, Identity Platform, Congnito etc.
- 1 years of proven experience with public cloud Big Data tools such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Data bricks, Azure Data Factory, Tensorflow, Data Proc etc.
- Hands-on experience writing cloud resource and security policies
- 1 years of proven experience working with multiple Subscriptions/Accounts (in 100s) within an Enterprise Agreement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience with communicating with other teams via calls, chats, and email
- Hands-on experience writing scripts in PowerShell or Azure CLI or respective CLI for the cloud provider
Company: Publix Super Markets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sarasota, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A