Website Qatar Airways
In the role of Financial Accounting Manager, you will ensure robustness in financial accounting for the Airline/Group, maintain Group results thereby producing a consolidated view to the Management, management of lifecycle processes of Airline fixed assets and advise senior management the impact to Qatar Airways of changes to IFRSs/ IASs and industry accounting practices.
- Manage the year-end audit activities including impairment testing, annual stock counts and other activities as required. Manage periodic internal and external audits.
- Provides periodic reporting to management regarding the highlighting key financial information, monthly trends, review results, loopholes in accounting processes and suggest improvements.
- Revisiting existing QR internal policies related to fixed assets to align these with latest business trends.
- Research International Accounting/Reporting Standards and industry accounting best practices to ensure Airline and Group accounting processes are in line with them.
- Provide input for preparation of Airline and Group Consolidated Financials quarterly and at year- end for statutory requirements and ensure implementation of accounting process to streamline the preparation of Group Consolidated Financials more efficiently.
- Oversee and supervise up to 6 employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Manage and monitor internal accounting processes and suggest improvements to produce complete, relevant, reliable, accurate and timely financial information to the stakeholders.
- Previous experience in IFRS.
- Previous Experience in Financial Modelling, Review, analysis and preparation of financial statements.
- Previous experience in Airline industry.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level or equivalent
Company: Qatar Airways
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A