Website Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways, the world’s 5 star airline, is looking for a dynamic and result-oriented senior strategy executive to join our leadership team within our Corporate Planning Division. As the Senior Manager Corporate Strategy, you will be responsible for all activities in Corporate Planning relating to medium-long term strategic planning through developing and executing Qatar Airways’ future network strategy and long-term business plan that is aligned to the aspirations of QR’s Executive Management and delivers growth and profitability in line with corporate objectives. You will act as a subject expert by providing strategic guidance to Corporate Planning in response to the ever-changing competitive environment of the airline industry.
- Provide the Corporate Planning team and the broader internal stakeholders with clear and timely communications on the continued development of the company’s network strategy.
- Lead the Airport Strategy & Relations team in formulating and implementing QR’s medium-long term airport strategy and manage its large portfolio of airports and commercial partnerships. Influence external stakeholders (including airport operators, air service providers and tourism authorities) to gain cost efficiencies through financial, marketing and/or in-kind support in order to maximize the financial return from all network initiatives. Negotiate with airport partners to develop high value incentive/support packages for new routes, frequency and capacity increases.
- Set priority markets for Aero-Political management based designed and approved medium-long term network development strategy.
- Provide strong and inspired direction and leadership to the Corporate Strategy team.
- Maintain close liaison with other functional departments to ensure optimal coordination between internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for the overall performance management to achieve productivity. Establish and develop the team with clear accountabilities for each role and with measurable KPI’s and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Represent the airline externally to third parties and at various industry venues.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Manage a team of 7 managers & analysts.
- Lead the corporate strategy team in formulating and implementing the airline’s 5-10 year network plan with optimal connectivity, network balance, and fleet-mix that meets business objectives and improves bottom line.
- Create and maintain medium-long term plans for the profitable and sustainable development of QR’s passenger network for the deployment of all new aircraft.
- Provide Executive Management with robust forecasts of network P/L in order for them to assess the impact on the airline’s strategic and financial objectives.
- Lead assessment of new market opportunities and feasibility study. Provide innovative business proposals and challenge existing practices where necessary to create value for the business.
- Work closely with other key Corporate Planning, Finance and Commercial stakeholders in conducting research and providing recommendations on other medium-long term network development opportunities, including airline acquisitions / merger / start-ups, aircraft delivery date, configuration initiatives, hub structure changes, alliances / partnership opportunities, and aero-political affairs.
- Leadership skills.
- Brainstorming and creativity.
- Prioritization and delegation.
- Quality control of analysis.
- Networking & People skills.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent
- Executive Management – minimum 10 years of job-related experience required, preferably in aviation and airline industry
- You will be an excellent communicator and stakeholder manager.
- You will work with internal and external stakeholders of all levels including the Commercial Division, Qatar Airways Cargo and Finance.
- You will understand and support the proposed route network and/or business initiatives.
- You will have excellent leadership skills and enjoy leading and developing a team of strategic managers and planners to become future leaders within the Division.
Company: Qatar Airways
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A