Website Qatar Airways
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a coherent short and midterm network plan for the Qatar Airways Group that will both influence and be aligned to the aspirations of Executive Management and which delivers growth and profitability in line with corporate objectives. This person will be charged with profitably allocating the aircraft resources of Qatar Airways and to meet strategic targets as well as having responsibility for managing a team within the Network Planning Department
- Identify and develop business cases to recommend new destinations to align with the company’s growth strategy. Prepare business cases for decisions on major capacity adjustments (route launches and closures, frequency changes). Maintain quality control over all network planning business cases.
- Communicate with key stakeholders to facilitate and secure current and future traffic rights for Qatar Airways.
- Oversee and approve the business cases developed for routes where a potential capacity adjustment or schedule adjustment will improve the overall network result.
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Maintain quality control over all network planning business cases.
- Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place.
- Development of the Airlines future network encompassing the next 24 months to support the corporate vision and objectives and both the demand and supply drivers.
- Identify growth opportunities in existing markets (frequency,
- Aircraft type) and coordinates profit maximizing measures with Commercial and Financial Stakeholders.
- Exploits expansion opportunities into new markets in coordination with the Network Strategy team using analysis and Network planning tools to prioritize implementation of new destinations. Monitor and analyze competitor and industry trends and ensure that corporate plans reflect this wider business environment.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to the current network using internal and external data sources to meet network profitability targets.
- Optimize allocation of aircraft resources (number of frequencies per destination, equipment type, schedules) to generate maximum revenue.
- Develop business cases using 7 step network planning building blocks.
- Experience in a multi-cultural/multi-ethnic environment.
- Knowledge of successful Project management techniques and experience of successfully leading projects.
- Strong English language skills (spoken, written, comprehension).
- Quality Control analysis.
- Strong Networking ability.
- Brainstorming, Creativity & Problem Solving.
- Applicants for this opportunity must hold a relevant University Qualification, the minimum being a Bachelor’s Degree with a Master’s Degree being a distinct advantage.
- You will have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience within the Airline Industry, including management level and senior Corporate Planning experience.
- Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate strong managerial skills, with the ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow.
- You must have strong mentoring and coaching skills with the ability to foster teamwork. We require applicants with a ‘hands on’ management approach.
Company: Qatar Airways
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A