Website Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager – Technology Engagement and Delivery. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the overall relationship with assigned business divisions from a IT delivery and outcomes perspective., and the development of the IT strategic road map in close liaison with the business partners and leaders to support the future business model of the organisation and to facilitate its implementation. The successful candidate will also be responsible for converting IT strategy into annual work programme keeping in mind business growth plans, opportunities and operational challenges.In addition, the successful candidate will lead the definition of a portfolio of programmes, projects, and/or on-going service provision. This will require the identification of issues with portfolio structure, cost, risk, inter-dependencies, impact on current business activities and the strategic benefits to be realised.
- To stay close to the business so that IT can suggest solutions to the business proactively and improve the business.
- Ensure that all projects and project teams comply with IT project governance framework and standards from process, deliverables and reporting perspective.
- Enable smooth business operations by ensuring high availability of the systems through appropriate design and architecture; and comply with IT availability and business continuity management processes and standards.
- Notifies projects/programmes/change initiatives of issues and recommends and monitors corrective action.
- Reports on portfolio status as appropriate.
- Collects, summarises and reports on portfolio KPIs often through the deployment of business management processes and systems.
- Take full responsibility for managing execution of contracts with suppliers of IT systems and hosted services, ensuring that service providers meet agreed service levels and that usage of licences is optimised.
- Lead the development of annual and rolling budgets related to application systems for business areas in line with the agreed business specific IT strategy.
- Establish and facilitate optimal project governance and decision making structures, such as Steering Committee and Working Groups, to ensure smooth, efficient and risk-managed programme delivery.
- Develop change management strategies and approaches to ensure transformational programs can be delivered effectively and business adoption is achieved.
- Ensure compliance to QR IT Service Management and support/achieve its applicable/assigned Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Safeguard the systems against IT/Cyber security threats through appropriate design and controls; and ensure full compliance with IT Security policies and standards.
- Ensure that existing QR Group IT solutions are reused or leveraged where possible so to avoid unnecessary investments in new IT solutions.
- Engages and influences senior managers to ensure the portfolio will deliver the agreed business objectives.
- Manage the full life cycle for the assigned systems, from induction to retirement; ensure solutions approaching functional and/or technological obsolescence are planned for change jointly with business well in advance; and conduct periodic market benchmarks of relevant systems in terms of functionality, technology and cost to inform future strategies and decisions for QR to achieve high return on investment.
- Own and ensure delivery of all agreed solutions, projects and services in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensure that a consolidated work programme portfolio and plan is established and maintained along with key attributes such as business priority, based on inputs from solutions strategy, approved budgets, and high level planning output from individual projects.
- Accountable for structured, qualitative and quantitative review of IT service delivery with the assigned divisions/departments.
- Accountable for ensuring that implemented systems and services have a high functional and technical fit; data and functionality is not duplicated across multiple systems or business areas; needs and wants are separated and prioritised; and conflicting requirements from business units are resolved.
- Enable and support the business’ management to develop and seek approval for business case by providing reliable and optimal cost estimates; and advising on technology and implementation risks
- To define Technology strategy for assigned business areas and manage their entire life cycle i.e. from induct to retire.
- To manage all outsourced/hosted IT services for assigned business area ensuring that service provider’s meet agreed service levels, the solutions are periodically benchmarked against competitive solutions in terms of functionality, technology and cost and future application strategy is aligned to make sure QR Group gets the best.
- Establish an appropriate and cost effective IT strategy (over a 3-5 year timeframe) for assigned business unit to support the business strategy and growth plans, in line with the overall QR Group IT Strategy.
- Influence business unit to align its requirement to IT strategy when such alignment would be in the best interest of the organization.
- Plan, schedule, monitor and report on activities related to the portfolio to ensure that each part of the portfolio contributes to the overall achievement of the portfolio.
- Business/IS Strategy and planning
- Systems Implementation or Development leadership
- ITIL certification
- Project management certification or demonstrable experience
- Relationship Management
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Command of English language.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of Computer Science, any Engineering discipline, Commerce or Sciences.
- Industry related certification in either or both ITIL, Project management
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level
- Minimum 10 + years relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years in Similar role, ideally within a customer relations environment or fast paced complex environment such as Financial service, retail, or FMCG.
- Major account experience gained in both multinational and multi-cultural environments would be an added benefit.
Company: Qatar Airways
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A