Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Iraq. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009 and have launched the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2017. We deliver Facility Management services to Hospitals, Universities, Airports, Military Facilities and Commercial Estates in the UAE and large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia. We also deliver staff training and education to selected officers of the Qatar Armed Forces at the Officers’ training institute located at the Ahmed Bin Mohammed Military College in Doha.Focussing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
- Review the Control Room and Building Logs daily and investigate any anomalies accordingly.
- Investigate all instances of crime, vandalism, traffic offences or any other security related matter and produce formal written reports in the relevant format within a timely manner.
- Make regular inspections around the facilities, inspect the Security Service and liaise directly with the relevant point of contacts.
- Manage the Departmental asset register.
- Carry out other duties as directed by the line manager or member of the senior management team.
- Coordinate and organize the day to day operations for security.
- Ensure all patrolling, inspection and escort duties are monitored and performed to a high standard and in accordance with contractual requirements with service providers
- Provide direct liaison with tenants , management and client on all security and other operational matters
- Ensure all employees, tenants , contractors and third parties are adhering to security procedures.
- Prepare security plans for specific events (VIP visits, Conferences , Board Meetings etc) .
- Management of access control and CCTV monitoring and programming
- Management of key control, issue and management
- Management of lost and found including property management
- Manage the development and implementation of security document standards and administrative functions
- Management of the Security Department’s budgets, including projects relevant to areas of responsibility
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators and agree improvement plans within an agreed timescale where these fall below set standards.
- Developing security procedures and instructions related to security duties, enforcement of Serco and Contract security policies.
- Carry out the investigation and reporting on security incidents and issues.
- Monitor and control staff performance to satisfy the agreed KPI’s.
- Liaise with customers and senior managers on the Contract to ensure the agreed level of service is being delivered to the standards required.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and other reports in the correct format and within the timescales dictated by Serco.
- Investigating customer complaints and providing written reports to the General Manager with recommendations for remedial action.
- Organise and manage daily security operations and provide direction to subordinate supervisors and coordinators regarding security activities and works of their functional areas.
- Ensure and develop the competence of the team-members and provide mentoring, coaching and support as required.
- Produce and implement the Security Service Training Plan and carry out regular Tool Box Talks on relevant topics.
- Carry out threat analysis and implement security measures appropriate to the threat.
- Manage the budget in line with set expenditure and review the monthly invoice to ensure value for money and compliance with contractual obligations.
- Good understanding for all security functions to ensure appropriate levels of performance.
- Extensive experience of security operations and systems, with proven experience in technology for security including physical security, CCTV and access control systems
- Trained and managerially experienced in emergency and crisis management.
- 10 years minimum experience, preferably in shopping centre, mall or large retail public space experience (Facility Management in airports, convention centres etc).
- 5 years minimum experience in the Middle East in security or related industries (including military or police se
- Able to manage and implement operational procedures, training, standards and policies for security and general operational duties and functions.
- 3 years in security managerial role for large scale projects.
- Able to demonstrate competence in the productive use of all security resources including physical, manned guarding and electronic to achieve end results within an operating environment with commercial constraints.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A