Website Emirates National Oil Company
The principal purpose of this specialized position is to carry out OCIMF inspections (SIRE/BIRE/OVID) and manage the 3rd party inspection process.In addition, the position holder carries out other shared responsibilities within Marine EHS section which include managing the ENOC Terminal inspection process; Planning and conducting management reviews (compliance audits) and Technical assurance to the ENOC group marine activities (Upstream, midstream and downstream) ; Reviewing and providing guidance on marine incidence investigation and lead major marine incident investigations; Delivering marine competency training programs to ENOC Business Units; Developing protocols, and managing the Marine Assurance and Vetting (MAVS) database
- Monitor and follow up logistic arrangements of the inspector until inspection is completed.
- Review the preliminary results of the inspection.
- Confirm agreement and authorise drafting of final report.
- Once final report is received, carry out detailed quality control review prior uploading to OCIMF.
- Review corrective actions taken by operator until closure.
- The position holder is responsible for extreme critical activities to business which if not controlled properly will lead to huge loss to business, the impact can be as large to wipe out whole ENOC
- Inspection by 3rd party contractors:
- Act as a point of contact to receive SIRE request
- Allocate suitable inspector on the project to optimize cost.
- Strong background and understanding of marine operations (vessels and terminal) as well as the overall marine business, with demonstrated expertise and thorough understanding of marine risk.
- Mastery in reviewing data on the marine vessels and operations and the application of analytical tools for assessing risk.
- Must have excellent knowledge and strong understanding of the following:
- International maritime regulations of the IMO and its conventions (SOLAS, MARPOL etc.)
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience, of which;
- Around 6-7 years of sea going experience on board Oil/Chemical/LPG/LNG Tankers of which 3 years in a senior officer position; (Mandatory)
- In lieu of the seagoing experience, must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in terminal operations; (Mandatory)
- In addition to 6-7 years of seagoing experience, minimum 3 years of shore based marine experience in a senior position with a reputable marine organization; (Mandatory)
- Unlimited Master Mariner or Chief Engineer license (Mandatory)
- In lieu of maritime license, Bachelor’s Degree related to marine industry or Shipping (Mandatory)
Company: Emirates National Oil Company
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A