Serco has been supporting the Australian Defence Force (ADF) in the Middle East under the existing MELABS contract since 2011. Serco will provide 21 service lines, including catering, waste disposal, facilities and ground maintenance, laundry, transport management, procurement and welfare services in support of ADF bases primarily in the United Arab Emirates. Currently, Serco is looking to hire a Movement Coordination Specialist for MELABS contract; purpose of this position is to administer and coordinate the travel movements of Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel at Al Minhad Airbase (i.e. in-country relocations, scheduled leave etc.).
- Coordinate transportation as required.
- Provide advice and assistance to ADF units on the preparation of personnel scheduled to travel.
- Coordinate the physical movement of cargo to be shipped on the scheduled ADF flight from Al Minhad Airbase.
- Report all personnel and cargo movements in accordance with the applicable SOP’s.
- Coordinate the movement tasks in support of minor operations in the Middle East region.
- Provide advice and conduct liaison with the supported ADF units and coalition forces on movement related requirements.
- Attention to detail accuracy
- Ability to use initiative
- Able to remain claim in stressful situations
- Sound computer literacy. Must possess advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Possess the ability to analyse data and issue reports
- Good record keeping
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Committed to providing services that promote the wellbeing of all ADF and Serco personnel
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact at all levels
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment.
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
- This role is classed as unaccompanied status
- Accommodation and transport allowances will be provided as part of the salary package
- Serco shall provide the selected candidate with one economy airfare each way for mobilization and demobilization to/from Dubai
- Serco shall provide the selected candidate with annual leave and one annual economy return airfare to place of domicile
- This position requires shift roster work and may involve extended hours to be performed when applicable
- A minimum of 4 years recent customer service and administrative experience in a fast-paced operations environment. This role is predominantly a desk bound position.
- Recent experience working in base operations, logistics and/or passenger movements environment preferred.
- Applicants currently based in the UAE is desirable.
- Possess a current Australian Federal Security Clearance (minimum requirement – valid Baseline Security Clearance, preferably Negative Vetting – level 1), or valid FVEY security clearance.
- Possess a current valid drivers’ licence (in order to obtain UAE driving licence).
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A