Website ShopRite Supermarkets
To deliver a great customer experience while pricing, stocking and rotating merchandise in the Grocery Department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Grocery Operations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Grocery Department that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 60 lbs.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Stand in Grocery Department for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Be knowledgeable in the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Fully stock and rotate all merchandise in cases, shelves and other applicable displays according to tag allocation and department standards.
- Unload and secure received product in appropriate storage areas using power or hand jack, carts, U-boats or bossies as needed.
- Block and face all products in accordance to Company policy or as assigned.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Grocery Operations.
- Ensure that featured sale merchandise is attractively signed to stimulate sales.
- Accurately record markups and markdowns, in-store use of merchandise, and bad merchandise/spoilage write offs in accordance with Company policies.
- Assist Department Manager as needed.
- Utilize and ma
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Observe all safety regulations when operating equipment.
- Maintain Unit Price Labels (tags) for all items, doing price changes as required.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about locations of items in store.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Keep shelves and displays fully stocked and faced at all times.
- Follow all safety procedures relating to opening cartons and proper rotation of product.
- Monitor Grocery storage area for cleanliness, neatness and preparing for next shift (i.e. making bale, reclamation, plastic, pallets).
- Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to Company policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable items, and sell by date.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to climb a ladder to retrieve items from overhead racking and storage areas.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 60 lbs.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
Company: ShopRite Supermarkets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A