Website ShopRite Supermarkets
To deliver a great customer experience while providing attentive, friendly, knowledgeable service and answering Customer questions; to maintain department conditions and safe handling during the preparation of products sold in the Salad Bar.
- Handle damaged and unsaleable product according to Company policy.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Greet Customers and provide them samples as requested.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all
- Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Prepare product with proper washing, cutting, peeling and slicing procedures.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and safe work environment.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Maintain signage on all items to alert Customers to product choices, price, allergens and ingredients.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving and storing product to ensure quality protection and product rotation.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to department that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Maintain supply area, including utensils, packaging and condiments.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Produce Department operations.
- Check to ensure that proper temperatures are maintained in the display case, and in all storage areas. Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; report any failure immediately.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Produce operation.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Maintain appropriate bar and display conditions by filling, cleaning, straightening, culling and rotating product.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand in English.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to keep area clean and debris free at all times.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances as they pertain to customers groceries.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs., if needed
- Ability to interact with customers in a friendly and helpful way. Strong customer service skills are a must.
Company: ShopRite Supermarkets
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: New Haven, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A