To effectively manage the switchboard to ensure that calls are correctly and efficiently routed and messages delivered to the right staff without delay. Key performance areas will include switchboard management, reception, and accepting deliveries.
- Answer incoming calls from stakeholders including customers, suppliers, media, shareholders. Provide detailed and relevant information to the caller and transfer the call to the appropriate recipient.
- Relay messages to the relevant extensions within the organization
- Maintain and update the company’s phone directory and ensure switchboard systems work effectively at all times
- Conduct ad hoc administrative tasks
- Updating telephone lists where required, as well as logging technical support issues if needed.
- Occasionally receive visitors and deliveries.
- Responsible for the safety and tidiness of working areas.
- Complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Google Suite Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Office Management / MS Outlook Certificate or equivalent computer literacy qualification
- 3- 5 Years switchboard experience in a company Head Office of similar stature to Shoprite
- Active listening skills
- Written and Verbal communication skills
- Google suite
- Basic knowledge of service options and departments
- Customer service orientation
- Telephone and Switchboard skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Internal policies and procedures
- Grade 12 qualification
- Professional attitude and appearance (Professionalism)
- Present a stable work experience record
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A