The Point of Care Business Development Manager is responsible internally for business excellence and externally for building relationships with other POC companies who work in the same space. As part of the diagnostics business unit you will contribute, coach and drive the development of the POC business by assisting in winning competitive accounts and retaining existing customers. The BDM POC will be a member POC Management Team.
- Tender and Bid Support: Partner with other POC sales managers to develop a cohesive set of POC responses for tenders and bids.
- Sales Process: Ensure projects and bid preparation from opportunity development to contract negotiation with direct involvement where necessary.
- Sales targets: Whilst no sales growth or target is assigned to the role, you will directly be responsible for tender offerings leading to an overall annual growth requirement.
- Leadership: Provide business excellence in tender responses and influence adoption of best practices by less experienced sales people.
- Sales tools: Ensure the efficient and timely usage of Siemens CRM sales management tools, Shareville and Dx Configurator in the POC Sales team to ensure availability and accuracy of relevant sales information.
- Training: Ensure that all team members are trained on processes and available tools to the required standards.
- Information collection and reporting: Monitor and report on competitor and marketplace trends to allow rapid reaction to market movements and ensure win rate is maintained.
- Consistently demonstrates professionalism with both internal and external customers and partners.
- Experience of managing and influencing indirect reports, peers, and leadership.
- Good knowledge of the GB&I POC market
- Good knowledge of Siemens POC product line or demonstrate the ability to gain the knowledge.
- Proven experience of responsibility for business planning and opportunity prioritisation.
- The candidate will require good communication skills and must be able to think strategically across all modalities.
- Proven entrepreneurial spirit and execution.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, GB
Application Deadline: N/A