Website Dubai Electricity and Water Authority
The candidate will report to DEWA’s VP-Special Projects within the Strategy and Business Development Division and be responsible for the successful delivery of DEWA’s Hassyan Clean Coal IPP Programme.
- Coordination between the Developer and other Divisions within DEWA including the Transmission Projects Group.
- Coordination between DEWA and technical consultants which DEWA may retain to assist it in the programme.
- Managing the budget allocated for the execution of the programme.
- Leading a small team of DEWA Engineers and facilitating knowledge transfer in relation to coal plant activities.
- Review technical submissions by the developer including any environmental issues.
- Monthly progress monitoring.
- Monitoring of design and construction of the plant to ensure compliance with he requirements of the power purchase agreement.
- Witnessing on-site final testing of the plant
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the risk allocation normally adopted within power purchase agreements.
- Bachelors’ in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- In excess of 10 years relevant experience in coal power plant development and operations for either a utility, international consultancy, power plant developer or EPC contractor.
Company: Dubai Electricity and Water Authority
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A