Website United States Postal Service
Loads, unloads, and moves bulk mail and performs other duties incidental to the movement and processing of mail.
- In ition, may perform any of the following duties: make occasional simple distribution of parcel post mail that requires
- Assists in supply and slip rooms and operates copy machine and related office equipment.
- Handles and sacks empty equipment; inspects empty equipment for mail and restrings sacks.
- Unloads mail from trucks. Separates all mail received from trucks and conveyors for dispatch to other conveying units
- Places empty sacks or pouches on racks, labels them where prearranged or where racks are plainly marked, dumps mail
- Cancels stamps on parcel post, operates cancelling machines, and carries mail from cancelling machine to distribution
- Duties require arduous exertion involving lifting, carrying, prolonged standing, walking, pushing, bending and reaching, and may involve the handling of heavy containers of mail and parcels weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment – MH (475).
- Applicants must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Jackson, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A