Website United States Postal Service
City Carrier Assistant delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and procedures commonly used, and geography of the area.
- Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
- Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up additional mail from relay boxes as needed.
- Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.
- Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and C.O.D. mail matter.
- Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes along route for subsequent delivery.
- Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail.
- Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free.
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. CCA duties require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A