Website United States Postal Service
The role include Cases, delivers, and collects mail along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle; provides customers on the route with a variety of services.
- Receives and signs for accountable mail.
- Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
- Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
- Prepares a daily trip report and maintains a list of the customers on the route.
- Loads mail in vehicle
- Prepares mail for forwarding and maintains records of change of address information.
- Delivers mail to customers along a prescribed route and on a regular schedule by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers’ roadside boxes.
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of this position, which require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hattiesburg, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A