Website United States Postal Service
Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and procedures commonly used, and geography of the area.
- Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
- Withdraws mail from the distribution case and prepares it in sequence for efficient delivery independently or by another carrier along an established route.
- Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.
- Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes along route for subsequent delivery.
- Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up additional mail from relay boxes as needed.
- Furnishes customers with postal information and provides change of address cards and other postal forms as needed.
- Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free.
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. CCA duties require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status
- Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A