Website United States Postal Service
Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and procedures commonly used, and geography of the area.
- Checks, and corrects if necessary, mailing cards from advertisers bearing names and addresses of customers or former customers on the route.
- Furnishes customers with postal information and provides change of address cards and other postal forms as needed.
- Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
- Deposits in the post office mail collected on the route upon returning from the route.
- Works professionally with other employees in the office.
- Reports to supervisor all unusual incidents or conditions relating to mail delivery, including condition of street letter boxes and centralized delivery equipment.
- Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. CCA duties require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Savannah, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A