Website United States Postal Service
Implements and participates in programs to provide preventative medical care and health maintenance in support of safety and health goals. Secures, evaluates, monitors, and administers contracts for medical services.
- Determines the availability of wellness programs, blood pressure screenings, inoculation, and related services in the local communities, and makes arrangements to provide these services to employees.
- Develops and reviews crisis management plans; assists in identifying community based medical services to support these plans.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of mandated health protection programs in conjunction with employees from the safety function.
- Consults with employee assistance committees and coordinators to ensure that resources are readily available.
- Ensures that employees are trained in the procedures and resources available for obtaining emergency medical care.
- Maintains confidential employee medical records, ensuring that entries are current; prepares summaries of medical information on a regular and as needed basis
- Works with the employee assistance function to identify, refer and follow-up on employees needing these services.
- Serves on joint safety and health committee(s). Reviews accident reports to assist in identifying safety hazards; consults with representatives of labor and management in identifying and resolving safety and health issues.
- Oversees medical contract services provided within the area assigned. Monitors the quality of work provided and implements changes where required.
- Knowledge of the Injury Compensation Program and assists injury compensation staff with work related injuries, appropriate treatment/physical limitations: provides medical liaison with Office of Workers Compensation when needed.
- Applicant must possess a current Registered Nurse license from a U.S. state, territory, or the District of Columbia.
- Ability to prepare, maintain, and update confidential employee medical records.
- Ability to communicate with managers and supervisors on health and safety related issues and concerns.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A