Valero’s employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
All successful candidates must be eligible to obtain a TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential). It is Valero’s policy that employees must wear this card at all times while working at the refinery. Please review eligibility criteria at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic .
- Maintains inventory of gaskets, hoses, and gloves, etc. including all operating supplies needed to complete the de-coking process.
- Assists in the operations of the cutting pump, sluiceway pumps, fines pumps, and the keyhole pump.
- Performs housekeeping of assigned areas, daily washing down area of loose coke and fines. Rolling up hoses after use and disposing of any trash in proper receptacles.
- Have knowledge of and how to use the Scott Air Pak.
- Assists with the un-heading up of the Top Coke drum head using an impact wrench.
- Assists as needed the cleaning of the Clearwater Tank 107-V-006 and assist operations as needed during shutdowns and turnarounds.
- Be able to operate impact wrenches and maintain the oilers of the air supply.
- Lubricates all equipment as supervised by coke cutter II and I.
- Maintains proper communications with fellow workers, maintenance, and supervision through the use of radio transmission, verbal communication, and written documentation in the logbook.
- Have knowledge of the safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to legally work in the U.S.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A