The Business Analyst- Trading Risk s upports the commercial floor operations by performing business analytics and related tasks.
- Manages portfolios for assigned market regions. Determines price risk positions and works with traders to minimize exposure to market risk.
- Identifies issues with positions and associated pricing and communicates between Marketing, Supply and Transportation, Accounting and Contract Administration departments to resolve discrepancy.
- Monitors trades and transfers to ensure paper flows with physical positions. Reviews gains and losses which affect positions.
- Supports Trading and Supply departments in their explanations of monthly Mark-To-Market (MTM) results for Business Unit Reporting (BUR).
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members. Answers questions and provides training when needed.
- Participates in special projects when assigned.
- Monitors and tracks price risk inventory on a daily basis relating to refinery activity, sales, purchases, transfers, exchanges, and secondary costs.
- Reviews and interprets contract terms to ensure accurate hedging and contract compliance, including price calculations, price risk and title transfer, fees, and any other contract compliance issues.
- Monitors monthly activity and reconciles price risk positions to accounting inventory.
- Prior experience in at least one of the following roles preferred: Scheduling (Crude & Feedstocks, Products, Rail, Marine), Business Analysis (Crude & Feedstocks,
- Products, Allocation, Wholesale Pricing, Trading Risk, Transportation, Transfer Pricing, Wholesale, Commercial Logistics Contract), Trading Analysis, or Commercial Analysis.
- Bachelor’s level degree required.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in industrial distribution, energy management, management, business, finance, accounting, math, marine, science, or engineering preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in Logistics, Transportation (all means), Business/Financial Analysis, Marine Operations, Military, OR the Oil & Gas/Refining/Petrochemical Industry required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A