I & E Technician expert knowledge and understanding of National Electrical code guidelines required. Thorough knowledge and understanding of safe electrical practices, safe hot work practices, confined space regulations and DOT pipeline safety devices required. Knowledge in the installation and programming of all types of programmable logic controllers, servers, communication equipment and other telemetry.
- Performs circuit breaker maintenance, Molded and Insulated-Case.
- Performs insulation resistance, contact resistance, overpotential, vacuum integrity, and power factor testing for air, oil and vacuum medium-voltage circuit breakers.
- Performs circuit breaker maintenance, Medium-Voltage (air and vacuum).
- Understands the operating principles and use of fiber optic signal transmission (cables, fittings, connections, installation, application, special considerations and advantages).
- Performs switchgear inspection and maintenance. Basic over-current and voltage protective relay fundamentals, maintenance and testing methods.
- Performs electrical motor and generator maintenance and testing.
- Control Valve Body Repairs of bench repair procedures, test equipment, tools and connections required to maintain and repair control valve actuators and positioners.
- Tasks include substation basic maintenance of: medium-voltage circuit breaker fundamentals, maintenance and testing methods.
- Experience with safe electrical practices, safe hot work practices, and confine space regulations required.
- Currently have and able to maintain a valid state drivers license with minimal infractions required.
- Experience with National Electrical code guidelines required.
- Experience with DOT pipeline safety devices preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have or be able to become OQ compliant required.
- 5 years of experience in the electrical & instrumentation field is required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Beaumont, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A